Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hello, Again

Has anyone but me noticed how badly I have neglected our blog? Well, here are some updates. The butterflies were beautiful! I think it may have been one of the most amazing things I've ever seen - watching them hatch from their coccoons. We were privileged to watch one of them at he came out. Here's a picture of him drying his wings. Beautiful!

The kids have been having some fun things lately. We went pumpkin picking with some friends, apple picking with our family, we had a back to school party, and Asa had a sleepover for his birthday. Maddie celebrated her 4th birthday yesterday, and she is eagerly awaiting her birthday party on Saturday!




Asa had developed a cooking bug due in part to a cookbook he got for his birthday. He likes developing "recipes" which he then makes me try! (YECK!) So we decided to channel that creative energy into something edible. He now wants to cook all of the time. He made muffins last Friday and sold them to our neighbors in about an hour. He made $6 and was thrilled. We decided setting up a table in front of our door was easier than opening a restaurant, which is what he wanted to do! I suppose it's all about living within your means while not squashing the creative energy!


School is not going exceptionally well. October is an insane month, and so far I don't see November or December improving much! Probably better to not ask! :) I guess that also explains the neglect of the blog! Sorry!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Allison! I wanted to let you know that Ross and I will be in Louisville next week. He'll be in class alot, but I'll have some free time. I would love to come and hang out with you and your babies. I think I have your current phone number so I'll give you a call. Oh yeah, I added your blog to my blog list.