Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stuff

I have a minute or two to write something before I jump back into life! Here are some fun things that have been happening around here:

School has been really fun. Maddie is making a lot of progress in her letter names and sounds. Asa is loving history, but doing well in his other subjects as well. We are learning about Jamestown this week, and we bought him some settler and indian figures. He's been spending the whole day playing Jamestown with his Lincoln Logs and people. The local history museum also had an interactive exhibit about J'town, and the admission was free this weekend. We had a good time trying to "Survive J'town". (We all died except for Asa's friend Brandon!)

We are the proud parents of 5 caterpillars. We have them in their new homes with plenty of fresh leaves and water. They seem to be taking very well to their surroundings. We're waiting, not so patiently, for them to start cocooning. Their names are Carle (after the author of the Very Hungry Caterpillar but pronounced Carly) - I think she's the closest to cocooning, Nellie, Spike (they have bristles on their backs), Bobcat (after the Caterpillar brand of tractors) and Tyke (because he's just a little baby). We found them on some bushes out by the pool and decided to see if we could make our little science experiment work. It's a lot of fun. I tried to take pictures, but it's really hard to see a 2 inch caterpillar in a little jar. Updates coming soon!!

Here are some of the things being said around our house. Maddie is praying for a friend of ours that's in Iraq. She says, "Dear Lord, please let Reuben have a good day at war and please let him not get killed. Amen" I thought that was really precious. And today, we were praying for some friends that need a new job, and Asa says to me, "Mom, if you would let me start my own business, I could give him a job!" And today, Maddie is playing Little Mermaid, and I'm Ursula (I always have to be the bad guy - type casting?) and Asa is the prince - of course. Well, Maddie is running around saying, "My name is Areola" instead of Arial. (Is that too racy to type? Oh well) I didn't bother to correct her because she has no idea what she is saying. I suppose if it continues on to tomorrow, I'll have to ask her to stop. Just my luck she'd announce in church that her new name is Areola. HA!

Hope all is well with everyone out there. Drop us a line sometime. We'd love to hear from you!

No comments: